Aviation Australia’s Student Services department provide support to students throughout the duration of their studies.
Student Services aims to ensure that each student can attend classes regularly and fully commit to their training in order to successfully complete their course and embark on successful careers.
Students may require assistance to:
- seek medical attention when feeling unwell, in addition to receiving help when making medical appointments
- manage their Overseas Student Health Cover,(OSHC)
- locate suitable accommodation or resolve a tenancy issue,
- adjust to living independently, especially away from normal support networks,
- balance lifestyle and commitments outside their training schedule,
- deal with compassionate circumstances such as bereavements, relationship issues and other concerns,
- resolve issues or concerns with staff or fellow students, and
- manage non-academic processes such as appeals.
Student Services also:
- conducts student orientation programs,
- supports students who are under 18 years old,
- promotes recreational and well-being activities.
In Brisbane, there is a wide range of accommodation available to students. Types of accommodation include apartments and town houses, fully furnished share houses and homestays where students are located within a family.
Here are some useful links to get you started:
Getting here by car
If you wish to drive, please note that student parking is located at Melia Street, (off Boronia Rd) directly south of the Aviation Australia Corporate Centre.
Catching the bus
For information on bus routes and bus timetables please click here to visit the Translink Website.
Recommended bus routes:
Catching the train
For information on train routes and train timetables please click here to visit the Translink Website.