The Student Services department provides support to students throughout the duration of their studies at Aviation Australia.
Student Services aims to ensure that each student can fully commit to their training in order to complete their course and embark on successful careers in the aviation industry.
Students may require assistance to:
- seek medical attention when feeling unwell, in addition to receiving help when making medical appointments
- manage their Overseas Student Health Cover,(OSHC)
- locate suitable accommodation or resolve a tenancy issue,
- adjust to living independently, especially away from normal support networks,
- balance lifestyle and commitments outside their training schedule,
- deal with compassionate circumstances such as bereavements, relationship issues and other concerns,
- resolve issues or concerns with staff or fellow students, and
- manage non-academic processes such as appeals.
Student Services also:
- conducts student orientation programs,
- supports students who are under 18 years old,
- promotes recreational and well-being activities.
There is a wide range of accommodation available to students in all our study locations, including homestay (where students live with a local family) apartments and town houses, fully furnished share houses and student accommodation providers.
Aviation Australia has adopted the following standards in relation to student accommodation:
- We choose accommodation providers who adhere to industry standards and ESOS obligations, and
- We monitor and work closely with the accommodation provider to ensure they are adhering to the standards.
Aviation Australia recommends that for the first 2 – 4 weeks, students reside in homestay accommodation. This can be organised through a reputable organisation such as the Australian Homestay Network.
Students under 18, without suitable, close relatives in Australia, MUST reside in homestay accommodation. This must be arranged and confirmed with an approved homestay provider before a COE can be issued.
Please refer to the Home Stay website for all relevant and up to date pricing.
There are a variety of student accommodation providers in Brisbane and our other course locations.
In Brisbane, a lot of our students choose to stay in Uniresort. This is the only student accommodation provider on a direct bus route. For others, you would need to change buses or trains at least once, however they may be closer to the city. Uniresort is located in Upper Mount Gravatt, not far from the Westfield Garden City Shopping Centre.
Other popular options are:
Getting here by car
If you wish to drive, please note that student parking is located at Melia Street, off Boronia Rd) directly south of the Aviation Australia Corporate Center. Parking outside nominated areas may attract fines and vehicles may be towed.
Catching the bus
For information on bus routes and bus timetables please visit the Translink Website
Recommended bus routes
Route 590 – Garden City to Aviation Australia via Carindale
Catching the train
You can catch the train to Toombul and then transfer to a bus. Train routes and timetables are on the Translink Website.
Tickets, GoCard and Student Concession Fares
The best way to use public transport is to get a GoCard for cheap fares, easy transfers and convenient top-ups!
Eligible students can apply for concession fares on their GoCard through Translink, but please note this can only be done once studies have commenced. Translink will normally process the application within 10 days, but it can take up to three weeks. Once processed, the concession fares are automatically applied to the registered GoCard. Students must always carry their student IDs with them while they are using public transport.
Download the Student Handbook
The Aviation Australia Student Handbook contains a lot of important information to make your studies as successful as possible.