Apprenticeships/Traineeships | Western Australia
Aviation Australia is an approved provider with the Department of Training and Workforce Development with Jobs and Skills WA funding for the below qualifications:
- Diploma of Aeroskills (Mechanical) – MEA50218 * (nominal duration 36 months)
- Diploma of Aeroskills (Avionics) – MEA50118 * (nominal duration 36 months)
* Diploma includes additional CASA Licence outcome for eligible trainees
Jobs and Skills WA provides eligibility information here.
Theory training is conducted via block release at the Aviation Australia campus in Jandakot, Western Australia.
Tuition / Co-Contribution Fees
Fees are based on the qualification, trade stream and the Units of Competency required to achieve the qualification.
The fee rate is set by the Department and is reviewed annually. The 2019 fee rate per nominal hour for a Diploma Traineeship is $5.79. For Diploma qualifications, the maximum annual course fee chargeable in 2019 is $7,860.
Once an individual Training Plan has been developed, final costs can be established. As a guide:
- Diploma of Aeroskills (Mechanical) – MEA50218 – estimated $12,000*
- Diploma of Aeroskills (Avionics) – MEA50118 – estimated $16,000*
* The student tuition fees are indicative only and are subject to change given individual circumstances at enrolment. Additional fees may apply such as a student service and resource fees.
Jobs and Skills WA may offer financial assistance to support off-the-job training (block-release theory) for trainees that are required to travel long distances to attend training. Depending on the distance required to be travelled, it may include travel allowance, accommodation allowance and airfare travel. More information can be found here.