Apprenticeships/Traineeships | Queensland
Aviation Australia is an approved Skills Assure Supplier with the Department of Employment, Small Business and Training with funding for the below qualifications:
- Certificate II in Aircraft Line Maintenance – MEA20518 (nominal duration 24 months)
- Certificate III in Aircraft Surface Finishing – MEA30118 (nominal duration 36 months)
- Certificate IV in Aeroskills (Avionics) – MEA40618 (nominal duration 48 months)
- Certificate IV in Aeroskills (Mechanical) – MEA40718 (nominal duration 48 months)
- Certificate IV in Aeroskills (Structures) – MEA41318 (nominal duration 48 months)
- Diploma of Aeroskills (Mechanical) – MEA50218 * (nominal duration 48 months)
- Diploma of Aeroskills (Avionics) – MEA50118 * (nominal duration 48 months)
- Diploma of Aeroskills (Mechanical) – MEA50219 * (nominal duration 48 months)
* Diploma includes additional CASA Licence outcome for eligible trainees
Find eligibility information here.
Theory training is conducted via block release at the Aviation Australia campus in Brisbane and at the Cairns Aviation Skills Centre (CASC) in Cairns.
Tuition / Co-contribution Fees
Fees are based on the qualification, trade stream and the Units of Competency required to achieve the qualification. Once an individual Training Plan has been developed, final costs can be established.
Fees are currently calculated at $1.60 per nominal hour for each Unit of Competency delivered in the Training Plan. Tuition fees are spread over the apprenticeship and charged twice a year. Aviation Australia requires fees to the paid within 7 days of the invoice date.
|Maximum Nominal Hours||Participant Hourly Rate||Maximum Participant Course Fee|
|MEA20518 - Certificate II in Aircraft Line Maintenance||620||$1.60||$992|
|MEA30118 - Certificate III in Aircraft Surface Finishing||730||$1.60||$1,168|
|MEA40618 - Certificate IV in Aeroskills (Avionics)||1490||$1.60||$2,384|
|MEA40718 - Certificate IV in Aeroskills (Mechanical)||1550||$1.60||$2,480|
|MEA41318 - Certificate IV in Aeroskills (Structures)||1350||$1.60||$2,160|
|MEA50118 - Diploma of Aeroskills (Avionics)||2085||$1.60||$3,336|
|MEA50218 / MEA50219 - Diploma of Aeroskills (Mechanical)||2960||$1.60||$4,736|
* The student tuition fees are indicative only and are subject to change given individual circumstances at enrolment. Additional fees may apply such as a student service and resource fees.
Free TAFE for Year 12 graduates
To support Year 12 graduates into work, the Queensland Government offers free training in high priority areas. To be eligible for free tafe, Year 12 graduates need to start an apprenticeship, traineeship or training in a high priority qualification with a pre-qualified supplier within the calendar year after leaving school. For more information on qualifications and eligibility, click here.
The Queensland Government may offer financial assistance to support apprentices/trainees – such as travel and accommodation allowance. More information can be found here.