Aircraft Line Maintenance – International Students
EASA Category A1 Approved Course: Certificate II in Aircraft Line Maintenance MEA20518 / 098989F
The Certificate II in Aircraft Line Maintenance provides basic level knowledge and skills to perform a range of specified maintenance tasks on aircraft on a flight line or at the departure gate.
This qualification is a pathway to achieving a EASA Category A Aircraft Maintenance Engineer Licence – which allows authorised personnel to release aircraft to service.
Classes are 5 days per week – Monday to Thursday 7:30am to 2:30pm and Friday 7:30am to 12:30pm. Hours may differ slightly during practical training.
Duration: 32 Weeks full time
Location & Dates
Address: Aviation Australia, Brisbane campus. 20 Boronia Road, Brisbane Airport
Course Date: 20 April 2020 to 30 November 2020
Program Cost: $19,900
Items included in course price:
- Course Delivery
- Textbooks; Workbooks; Logbooks
- Examination Fees (regulatory Examination resit fees and CASA exams not included)
- Uniforms (1 x Safety Boots; 2 x Trousers; 3 x Shirts)
- Safety Equipment (1 x Safety Glasses; 1 x Ear Muffs)
*All prices listed are in Australian dollars
Payment plans are available. An example is below:
|Deposit (excluding Overseas Student Heath Cover)||$6,000|
|Course start - 3 months||$6,950|
|3 months - course completion||$6,950|
- English Language Proficiency:
Academic IELTS 5.5 (or equivalent) with no sub band score less than 5.0. Aviation Australia accepts these approved English language equivalent tests. Testing must have been completed within 2 years from the enrolment application date.
- Academic Suitability:
Evidence of completion of Year 12 or equivalent, with a pass in Mathematics (at minimum Year 10 or equivalent). Where an applicant does not meet these requirements, Aviation Australia may consider sufficient relevant work experience (documented via a resume and referees) and/or a successfully completed higher level qualification that demonstrates academic suitability. Aviation Australia uses these equivalent international education achievement levels.
- Minimum of 17 years of age:
Applicants under the age of 18 may be accepted where it is demonstrated they will be under approved guardianship arrangements. This arrangement requires the approval of the Department of Home Affairs. For more information visit Department of Home Affairs – Welfare Requirements for Student Visa Applicants under 18.
- Genuine Temporary Entrant (GTE) Assessment:
Applicants must provide a Genuine Temporary Entrant statement. This must be fully completed by the applicant in their own words and writing, and will be assessed by the Australian Government to ensure applicants meet the GTE Requirement.
- Current Valid Passport:
The applicant’s passport must be current and valid for at least 6 months from the course commencement date.
- Additional assessment requirements:
Some countries may require additional assessment requirements, such as a higher IELTS level and/or student interview. You will be advised upon application if further details are required. NOTE: All documentation supplied must be certified and translated (in full) to English. The front page of the Enrolment Application Form details this requirement.
- Electrical Fundamentals
- Digital Techniques / Electronic Instrument Systems
- Materials and Hardware
- Maintenance Practices
- Basic Aerodynamis
- Human Factors
- Aviation Legislation
- Turbine Aeroplane Aerodynamics, Structures and Systems
- Gas Turbine Engine
On successful completion of the EASA approved training courses, students receive:
- Certificate II in Aircraft Line Maintenance MEA20518 / CRICOS Course code 094987G
Graduating students with a further one year of experience (minimum) can apply for their Category A Licence. They would then be eligible to work as a Line Maintenance Technician
How to Enrol
- Contact your nearest Registered Agent
- Complete the Aviation Australia International Application Form
- Provide certified copies of all documentation
- If accepted, receive a Letter of Offer (LOO)
- Accept offer and arrange payment
- Receive Confirmation of Enrolment (COE)
- Commence the course with Aviation Australia (subject to visa approval)