Aerospace Gateway Schools program
The Aerospace Gateway to Industry Schools program was established to support the growth and development of an effective workforce for the aviation industry sector. This program provides opportunities for young people to undertake structured workplace learning, school-based apprenticeships and traineeships, full-time employment and further study through industry-school partnerships and has proven essential in meeting the Queensland Government’s aim of transitioning young people from school to work while completing school and gaining formal qualifications.
The program currently involves a total of 20 Queensland secondary schools (government and non-government) throughout Queensland studying Aerospace studies. There are over 30 industry partners and supporters engaged, including, local aerospace entities, training institutions and universities. These partners all contribute to creating pathways for students into Queensland’s aerospace industry.
Stay updated with what the Gateway schools and Industry supporters are doing throughout the year.
Subscribe to our eNewsletter and view previous Project updates here.
Follow via social media:
Aerospace Industry Education Awards
Nominations for the 2019 Aerospace Industry Education Awards are now open. In its 15th year, we are proud to formally recognise the efforts and achievements of the Gateway to Industry schools for Aerospace, students and their teachers throughout the year.
Award categories include:
- Year 10 GE Aviation Aerospace Award – sponsor: GE Aviation
- AYAA Future Aerospace Leader Award – sponsor: Australian Youth Aerospace Association
- Year 11 BAC Aerospace Systems Award – sponsor: Brisbane Airport Corporation
- Year 11 Qantas Quest Award – sponsor: Qantas Airways
- Year 12 Aerospace Studies Award – sponsor: Airbus Australia Pacific
- Aeroskills Scholarship Award – sponsor Boeing Defence Australia
- Female Aerospace Student Award – sponsor: Boeing Defence Australia
- The Honourable Company of Air Pilots Award – sponsor: The Honourable Company of Air Pilots, Airways Aviation and Aviation Australia
- TAE Aerospace Young Innovators Award – sponsor: TAE Aerospace
- The Royal Aeronautical Society Award – sponsor: Royal Aeronautical Society
- Spirit of Boeing Award – sponsor: Boeing Defence Australia
- Teacher Excellence Award – sponsors: Boeing Defence Australia, Brisbane Airport Corporation, GE Aviation and Virgin Australia
The Awards ceremony will be held in Brisbane in November this year.
Project Manager, Aerospace Gateway Schools
Phone: +61 (0)7 3860 0903 | +61 (0)436 838 112