Aviation Australia’s Student Services department provide support to students throughout the duration of their studies.
Student Services aims to ensure that each student can attend classes regularly and fully commit to their training in order to successfully complete their course and embark on successful careers.
Students may require assistance:
- seeking medical attention when they feel unwell, or as necessary
- locating suitable accommodation or resolving a tenancy issue
- adjusting to living independently, especially away from normal support networks
- balancing their lifestyle and commitments outside their training schedule
- dealing with compassionate circumstances such as bereavements, relationship issues and other pastoral concerns
- resolving issues or concerns with staff or fellow students
- managing non-academic processes such as appeals
Student Services also:
- conducts orientation programs for domestic students
- supports underage students
- organises work experience placements
- promotes recreational and well-being activities
In Brisbane, there is a wide range of accommodation available to students. Types of accommodation include apartments and town houses, fully furnished share houses and homestays where students are located within a family.
Here are some useful links to get you started:
Getting here by car
If you wish to drive, please note that student parking is located at Melia Street, (off Boronia Rd) directly south of the Aviation Australia Corporate Centre. The cost of parking at time of publishing is two dollars per day. Parking outside nominated areas may attract fines.
Catching the bus
For information on bus routes and bus timetables please click here to visit the Translink Website.
Recommended bus routes:
Catching the train
For information on train routes and train timetables please click here to visit the Translink Website.