AVI20208 Certificate II in Aviation (Flight Operations)
This course will equip you with the comprehensive knowledge, skills, values and experience that international and domestic airlines seek when recruiting suitable candidates.
Self-Paced theory available throughout Australia
Practical components available in BRISBANE only
Students enrolled in the online programme will complete theory modules at their own pace, off campus.
Full time practical components will need to be completed at the Aviation Australia Brisbane campus following the completion of the online theory. Aviation Australia will advise of the dates for practical components when you are closer to completing the online theory training.
- Must have completed Year 10 (Year 12 preferred)
- Must be at least 18 years old for Australian airlines and 20-21 years old for most international airlines
- Must be fit and healthy
- Must meet the height restrictions as specified by the various airlines – please enquire direct to the airlines to determine if they apply to you
- English proficieny essential (must have IELTS 5.5 equivalent)
- A second language is a distinct advantage
This course can be completed via distance learning at the student's own pace.
Successful completion of the theory is followed by an additional 3.5 to 4 weeks of full-time practical training, depending on public holidays and class numbers. Practical training will take place at Aviation Australia's Brisbane Campus, Monday to Friday from 8.00am - 3.00pm.
- Introduction to Aviation
- Health and Safety in Aviation
- Roles and Responsibilities
- Non-Technical Skills and Human Factors
- Airline Employment
- Aircraft Familiarisation – Boeing 737 and Airbus 330
- Standard Operating Procedures
- Emergency Equipment
- Responsible Service of Alcohol
- Non-Normal Situations
- Evacuation Procedures
- Quality Customer Service
- Grooming Day
- Course Induction
- Provide First Aid
- Practical Consolidation
Upon completion, students will receive a AVI20208 Certificate II in Aviation (Flight Operations) plus the following additional certificates:
- Senior First Aid
- Aircrew Security Response Program
Course Purchase Options
To purchase the online modules:
· Theory units are purchased individually.
· The cost per unit varies depending on the subject you wish to do at the time. For example modules can range from anywhere between $33 and $325 depending on the type of module you are undertaking.
· When you enrol you will pay $130.00 which is the cost of the first module. From here you will be issued access to the online training where you will be able to purchase the units individually as you go.
· Students will have 60 days access to each module from the time they enrol.
· Practical units may be purchased at a full cost of $3250.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Aviation Australia does not have a specific height requirement upon enrolment. However, all airlines will have specific requirements ranging from height through to previous job experience. This is all airline specific so we recommend that you study your airline of choice for the pre-employment requirements.
- Government funding is not available for this Certificate II.
To enrol in the Online AVI20208 Certificate II in Aviation (Flight Operations) please select the "Apply Now" button below and complete the application form. You will also be required to pay an enrolment fee.
Disclaimer: The information provided is the most current available. However Aviation Australia has the right to change information such as course costs, timing and selection criteria without notice.